Friday, February 27, 2004

I've tried to focus this blog pretty specifically on politics, but it seems that by the time I've heard of something, thought about it, and decided I had an opinion or though on th issue interesting enough to write about, someone with essentially the same point has already been linked all over the blogosphere. When I do write about something, it tends to take me quite some time to get the wording "just right", and even then I'm usually not that happy with the result. Words are slippery little suckers.

That said, I've decided to take this in a somewhat different, more personal direction. I'm just going to write about whatever I feel like at the time, and I'll try not to be such a perfectionist about the wording. I think the first thing I'm going to choose is my voyage from essentially conventional views on education into fairly radical homeschooling and beyond. This will probably take awhile, though maybe not. If it does, I'll just break it up into smaller bites.

I do intend to continue to blog about political issues, and have a couple percolating right now on the "dismal jobs" and the "looming social security disaster" talking points. Hopefully I'll get to at least one of them in the next week.